How to know when too much Internet is too much
Knowing when you are spending too much time on the Internet is tricky for several reasons.
- You could be working, in which case getting a project done can be more important than your health.
- You could doing artistic projects that suck you in losing track of time.
- You could just lose track of time.
Whatever the reason spending too much on the Internet has several bad effects you should consider. Between 50-90% of all people that work computers a lot has something called computer vision syndrome. This can effect your ability to focus on objects close to your vision. This usually doesn’t start having bad effects until after 40.
Another bad effect is maintaining posture. It’s really hard to keep good posture when looking at a screen and sitting at a desk. There is tools that can help like this one: Computer Posture
But no matter how proper your posture without getting up and stretching at least once an hour you will have bad effects from it.
There is even a clinical addition to the Internet that had really bad effects. You can read this list to see if you on that path:
The following symptoms are typical of online addicts:
- Feelings of guilt
- Euphoric feelings when in front of the computer
- Unable to keep schedules
- No sense of time
- Avoiding doing work
Here is a chart to help you get on track while you are working on a computer all day:
With my experience nothing helps more than getting up and moving around at least once an hours. I’m not going to do any major exercises or yoga or whatever else might actually be great. For me I make an effort to get up and move around at least for 5 minutes. A change scenery and something to drink makes it even better.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)